Welcome Peggy Johnson, RN to the Cecil B. Highland, Jr. & Barbara B. Highland Cancer Center oncology care team at United Hospital Center. She will be UHC's first clinical navigator focusing on breast cancer. Johnson will work at UHC and in the community with a focus that includes:
· Teaching/encouraging a breast cancer risk reducing healthy lifestyle
· Age appropriate breast cancer screening practices
· Education and support for patients while undergoing diagnosis
· Following breast cancer patients and families through treatment
· Providing education, support and resource mobilization through the entire care continuum from prevention, diagnosis and treatment, and during transition to survivorship.
· Development of a breast cancer education and support group
Find out more by clicking the link below.
Johnson is available to assist UHC patients and the north central West Virginia community, by being a navigator or guide for breast health practices and for patients and families after the diagnosis of breast cancer.
She brings both a professional and personal expertise to this new role. Johnson has many years of experience with the community, including care of oncology patients and families.
One of Johnson's goals is to start a new breast cancer support group for survivors called Butterfly Kiss Support Group. "This is an informal gathering for anyone who has ever been diagnosed with breast cancer," said Peggy Johnson, RN and clinical navigator for breast cancer at the Cecil B. Highland, Jr. & Barbara B. Highland Cancer Center. "The focus of this support group is to provide education, support and to share information and experiences."
Meetings will be held monthly on every third Monday at 5:30 p.m., in classroom four. Refreshments will be served. If you are interested in joining to share your feelings, concerns and any questions you may have with others, please call to register at 681.342.1810. For navigation services referrals or specific resources, Johnson can be reached at the same phone number.