Important Information for Patients
When you are admitted to the hospital, there is important information you need to understand to assist you with your health decisions and other matters related to your stay.
We know a hospital stay means leaving the comforts of home, the security of family and friends, and leaving your health in the hands of others. At United Hospital Center we want your stay to be as pleasant and safe as possible. We understand not all hospital admissions allow time to "pre-plan." However, when your situation allows, the following are some suggestions to consider when being admitted to the hospital.
We encourage you to bring the following items with you to the hospital:
- Advance Directives (such as a Living Will or Medical Power of Attorney information) - if you have any
- Insurance Cards (Medicare, Medicaid, commercial), organ donor card (if you have one), ID card and/or driver's license if available
- A list of your medications (include supplements like vitamins, over the counter medications and herbals)
- A list of any allergies to food, medicines or other items
- The telephone number of an emergency contact person (a friend or relative)
- Personal items (All items can be provided by the hospital, but for your personal comfort, you may wish to bring your pajamas, toothbrush, comb, etc)
We encourage you to please leave the following at home:
- Valuables (watches, jewelry, money, cell phones, credit cards, etc.)
- Medications, vitamins, over the counter medications, herbals
- Plug-in electrical appliances (such as razors or curling irons)
- Food or snacks
We want you and your family members to be well informed about the care and services provided to you while you are a patient with us. Please feel free to ask questions. Do not agree to accept any procedure, treatment or medication without understanding the need for it. A Financial Counselor is available to assist you before, during or after your admission to the hospital if you wish.
< Back to Patient and VIsitors Information